Monday, June 30, 2008

Job Shadowing

The major I am hoping to pursue is Business. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to job shadow someone who has already majored in Business. Her name is Karen Smith, and she is the advisor for undergraduates who are going to become freshman at The University of Nebraska at Omaha. It was a great experience for me because I learned a lot about the requirements needed to be taken notice of in order to become accepted at The College of Business Administration as well as The University of Nebraska at Omaha.

Karen Smyth was a great advisor. She helped me, as well as four other students, understand how the process of becoming a freshman works. She also discussed the various classes required to take in order to actually begin taking business classes. I learned about the basic requirements as well such as GPA and ACT scores. I also learned about getting involved with the community and outside of the university. I discovered that it is great to get involved with outside business courses because many companies look to see if you set yourself out there.

Job shadowing Karen helped me understand the process of taking business classes in order to become more experienced in business and prepare me for the future. She made it seem very simple and easy to follow. There are many classes to take and various extra classes needed too. I am getting closer and closer in figuring out how my future will be. I am very excited to become a freshman and learn about the many opportunities that will be open to me. If I take this path in majoring in Business, I will definitely be prepared for the real world and I will have shaped myself into a mature, young person. There is a lot to go through and much to know, but overall job shadowing has helped me what I want to do and figure out if I really want to major in business.

No comments: