Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Life at UNO

Being able to stay a week at UNO was a tremendous experience. I learned a lot about myself and had a great time meeting new people from different schools. I even made close relationships with many students. And now, I have already started my network friends as well as teachers.

Going to Ashland was my favorite part. We all got the opportunity to go rock climbing and do various of obstacle courses. These obstacle courses dealt a lot with teamwork, as well as being independent and facing your fears.

Going on the zip line was the most encouraging and motivating to me. I have never done that in my life before, and being able to go on it was incredible. When it was my turn to go, I thought to myself, "Am I crazy?" and "Am I really doing this?" But overall I absolutely enjoyed it. People were encouraging me to go on it and experience the great feeling. I also encouraged people to go and I told them, "When are you ever going to get an opportunity like this again?"

I discovered that anyone should take as many opportunities as they can, especially if they are right in front of them. And even if you fear them the most, never hold back because you will regret not taking those opportunities later in life.

The most challenging event to me was doing the obstacle courses with a group. Everyone has their own pace of doing things, and especially they have their own fears. This was challenging to me because everyone had to work as a team. And working as a team can be difficult if you don't know how to help eachother, and if you dont know how to communicate with eachother.

It was challenging because everyone finished each obstacle in their own way, and all of the obstacles involved teamwork. If someone is slower, than that means we have to wait because we are a team; we all must finish together. If we don't know how to start or finish, we need to communicate; communication is the key. We all need to work as a team and help eachother out as best as we can. To me, that is how people can finish or achieve goals if they are in a group, simply by working as a team.

Having the chance to spend a week at UNO and go to Ashland made me learn a lot about myself. I learned to try new things and never give up. I also learned to be patient and take opportunties that are right in front of me. The environment of living in dorms and living the college life has had a positive impact on me. I see college from a different point of view now.

No comments: