Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Achievements

It is not the many great things you have accomplished that matters the most, it is how you have improved after achieving those things that matters the most.

Throughout the years of my life, I can definitely say that I have shaped into a better person. It is crazy to think of how much I have changed over the years. I used to be a very shy person. I didn't really talk much and I was mostly at home doing my homework or watching television. I was always afraid of becoming independent and of trying new things.

In eighth grade I was offered a volunteering opportunity to join a camp for a week. This camp involved being active while helping the disabled. Knowing that I was very shy and quiet, I wasn't sure if the was the right thing for me to do. I was definitely wrong. At first, for the first couple of days, I was super shy and uncomfortable. I wasn't used to being around people I didn't know and interacting with them. But as I continued to go on with the program, I slowly broke out of my shell. After joining that program, I was a new and improved person. I was so proud of myself for trying something I wasn't really comfortable doing.

Ever since that experience, I have always been involved in the community and at school. I always try to set myself out there from the rest of the group by becoming involved in as much as I can that will make me a better person. Being involved has truly shaped my character. I have also gained a strong leadership skill that will carry me on throughout the rest of my life. Now I know for sure that I am no longer afraid of meeting new people or trying new things. I like to take chances and take as many opportunities that are open to me.

Achieving one thing has truly broadened my horizon and has made a huge impact in my life. I now try to achieve as many things as possible. I have changed in a way that had made me a better, brighter person.

No comments: